Oral surgery – outpatient operations at the dentist in the Tirschenreuth district
The Zahnärzte am Steinwald combine services of numerous treatment focuses under one roof. In our practice, almost all areas of modern dentistry are covered.
Our dentist Dr MSc. Daniel von Knippenberg is specialised in oral surgery, among other things, which enables us to perform all oral surgical procedures directly in our dental practice.
Oral surgery procedures in our dental practice
In our practice in Erbendorf (district of Tirschenreuth), we are always up to date. Gentle techniques and the careful manner of our dentist and the entire practice team contribute to the fact that the patient does not have to feel queasy before a tooth removal, apicoectomy or other outpatient operations.
- A gentle tooth extraction: Gentle techniques are used to gently remove teeth.
- Performing apicoectomies (WSR): WSR, where the root tip(s) of a tooth can be shortened slightly and the inflammation removed directly from the jaw area, are often the last chance to preserve the natural tooth.
- High-quality dental prosthesis on implants: Artificial titanium tooth roots implanted in the jawbone provide firmly anchored dentures or provide removable dentures with a firm hold again.
- Bone augmentation: In preparation for dental implantation, to provide sufficient support for the implant in case of bone resorption or bone loss.
- Operative removal of wisdom teeth: Displaced wisdom teeth can also be gently removed by oral surgery.
- Soft tissue surgery: Among other things, we perform gum transplants, recession coverage and connective tissue transplants.
- Corrective and regenerative periodontal surgery: It is used when the progression of the disease means that conventional treatment of periodontitis is no longer sufficient. This includes the filling of deep gum pockets.
We will always provide you with comprehensive advice and intensive care before and during all surgical procedures – so you know exactly what to expect. Because knowledge can help to alleviate any fears you may have.
Dentist Dr MSc. von Knippenberg is also very well versed in the treatment of anxiety patients and will be happy to inform you about the possibility of sedation with nitrous oxide, in case you suffer from dental anxiety.
Oral surgery also in cooperation with your family dentist
Our offer in oral surgery with the existing anaesthetic possibilities has already led to cooperation with over 50 dentists in the region. For example, they refer patients to our practice for the surgical phase of the implant restoration and then take over further treatment for the implant-mounted prosthesis. This is not the only reason why our catchment area is so widely spread and covers a radius of about 50 km, such as Weiden in der Oberpfalz, Tirschenreuth, Grafenwoerth, Marktredwitz. Please feel free to call us at ✆ +49 (0) 9682 / 855 if you have any questions or would like to make an appointment with one of our dentists.
Frequently asked questions about oral surgery
What is oral surgery?
Oral surgery includes all surgical interventions in the oral cavity. These include apicoectomies, surgical removal of wisdom teeth, gum operations, periodontal operations, bone reconstruction measures and implantations.
When do I need an apicoectomy?
A root apex resection is performed if inflammation remains around the root apex despite root canal treatment performed by the guidelines.
When should wisdom teeth be extracted?
Most wisdom teeth must be removed due to lack of space. In the course of evolution, our jaws have become smaller and wisdom teeth often have too little space. The perfect age for removing wisdom teeth of teenagers is between 15 and 16 years. At this age, the roots of the wisdom teeth are not yet fully developed and are further away from the lower jaw nerve. This minimises the risk of permanent damage to the nerve. If the wisdom tooth has to be removed later due to permanent inflammation or carious destruction, the risk is higher.