Invisible braces in the district of Tirschenreuth – orthodontics with aligners
Show the world your smile, not your braces! With the aligners from Invisalign® – individually adjustable, almost invisible braces – malpositioned teeth and jaws can be gently corrected.
A pleasantly unobtrusive alternative to loose and fixed braces, the conventional orthodontic appliances.
Our dentist Sandra von Knippenberg and the entire team of Zahnärzte am Steinwald look forward to welcoming you to the centre of Erbendorf. Let us advise you on "invisible braces" and get to know our other services for the region around Weiden in der Oberpfalz, Tirschenreuth, Grafenwoehr and Marktredwitz! Our three dentists offer numerous treatment focuses on children and adults combined in one practice.
The revolution in orthodontics: transparent dental splints
An attractive, open and sincere smile is indispensable in today's world! It can help you make the right impression at work and in your free time.
But what can you do if tooth misalignments affect aesthetics or even have an impact on the chewing function? Classical braces often represent a limitation that patients would like to do without. Then the Invisalign® procedure is just the right thing!
Straight teeth thanks to the Invisalign® system – these are the advantages
It is not only experts who know the advantages of invisible braces that make orthodontics so popular. The dental splints:
- Enable orthodontic corrections of the entire teeth (other braces often only correct the front teeth)
- Are almost invisible, as they are flexible, transparent and wafer-thin
- Do not interfere with speech or laughter
- Are adapted exactly to the teeth
- Are removable and therefore do not cause problems when eating or drinking
- Are easy to clean – with toothbrush and water or special braces cleaners
- Are suitable for all ages – children, teenagers and adults
So you have even more reason to smile!
How does the treatment with the Invisalign® work?
The treatment goal is achieved in small steps – invisible, uncomplicated and comfortable:
- A whole series of aligners is produced individually for each patient.
- The individual aligners move the teeth by only a few fractions of a millimetre and are worn for 1 to 2 weeks each.
- The wearing time is 22 hours a day.
- After 7 days, the aligners are replaced by the following ones.
In order to determine whether the Invisalign® procedure is the optimal treatment method for you, it is best to make an appointment with us for a consultation.
Patients from Erbendorf, Weiden in der Oberpfalz, Tirschenreuth, Grafenwoerth, Marktredwitz and the entire region will find in our practice an experienced contact person for all questions concerning modern dentistry.
Questions about invisible orthodontics
Can you really not see the Invisalign?
The Invisalign trays/aligners are almost invisible because they are flexible, transparent and wafer-thin. They do not obstruct speaking or laughing and are not noticed by the person opposite of you.
Does the Invisalign remain in the mouth while eating and drinking?
The aligners (trays) are worn 22 hours a day – just like “normal braces”. However, they are removed for eating and before some drinks are consumed. This means that the patient has no problems or restrictions when eating. With fixed braces, he or she is not able to eat hard or sticky foods to keep the braces from being damaged.
How can I clean the Invisalign?
You can clean the Invisalign easily with a toothbrush and water. There are also special braces cleaners, which we would gladly inform you about. Just contact us if necessary.